June 30, 2020
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your
Information We Collect
Device Information--When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Personal identifiable information-- It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website, which may include, among other things, cookies, web beacons, tags, pixels third party tracking technologies and server logs files defined as:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Server Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
In addition, Steiner Labs LLC may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Steiner Labs LLC may also deem it necessary, from time to time, to follow websites that our users may frequent to gleam what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
This site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of use of our web site, analytics programs that collect information about you and your browsing history, surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Use of Information Collected
Order information--We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to: Communicate with you; Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services. We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Personal information--Steiner Labs LLC does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists, customer names, customer phone numbers, email addresses or private/personal information to any third party.
Steiner Labs LLC may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our website and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from PhytoQuantusa.
Steiner Labs LLC may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Steiner Labs LLC may find it beneficial to all our customers to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail, deliver support and/or arrange for deliveries to be made. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you requested, and as such they are required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information.
Steiner Labs LLC uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, as well as HubSpot, Wix, click-through ratio data, Shopify, and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within Steiner Labs LLC's control.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties, such as, various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, as well as HubSpot, Wix, click-through ratio data, shopify, and other interactive programs to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Steiner Labs will use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications regarding our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Disclosure of Information
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Steiner Labs
Steiner Labs LLC greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Steiner Labs LLC products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Children under the age of 13
Steiner Labs LLC's website is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website. This site is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe from our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to Info@steinerlabs.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. Steiner Labs LLC will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
Links to Other Websites
Notice to European Union Users
Steiner Labs LLC's operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) and sent to the United States. (The adequacy decision on the EU-US Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the EU whose personal data is transferred to the United States for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the US under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") of the EU you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of the date, we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it You can do this by logging into your account with us, or by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain You can do this by sending an email to Info@steinerlabs.org.
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without If you wish to request a copy of your information, contact us at Info@steinerlabs.org.
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in To do this, please send an email to email@example.com.
In addition to the rights above, we will always aim to encrypt and anonymize your personal information whenever possible. We also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal information is ever at risk. For more details regarding our security protections see the section below or visit our website at PhytoQuantusa.
Steiner Labs LLC takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users' trust and confidence in the Internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: (540) 592-3365
Steiner Labs LLC PO Box 246
Middleburg, Virginia 20118
The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of GDPR compliance is:
P.O. Box 246
Middleburg, VA 20118